The Community Partnership School at OCPS Academic Center for Excellence brings together high-quality academics, health care, counseling, support, mentoring and more—all where students and their families are comfortable: in their own school.
Core partnerships include Orange County Public Schools, Orange Blossom Family Health, University of Central Florida, and Boys & Girls Club of Central Florida, Rosen Foundation and Valencia College.
Additional services include:
- Tutoring and mentoring programs
- On-site health care and dental
- On-site counseling and case management services
- High-quality preschool program on site
- Before and after school services
- Athletic and arts programs
- Cultural enrichment activities
- Education and counseling on nutrition, exercise and healthy lifestyle choices
- Summer programs
Questions? More information? Please contact Curtesa Vanderpool, Senior Director Community Partnership Schools.
Partnership in Action
During a walk through the nearby neighborhood, the Community School Director learned that a student and her parent were living behind a local business, finding shelter in shrubbery. Together with the principal and other core partners at the Community Partnership School, the Community School Director began pooling resources to help the family. Through these partnerships, the family received a safe place to stay, counseling and additional support to get back on their feet.