Social work professionals—if you are looking to take that next big career step into a supervisory role, we have the perfect opportunity for you to get started. Join our team at Children’s Home Society of Florida! Founded in 1902, we are Florida’s largest and oldest child welfare organization with over 1,800 employees working at locations throughout the state. Our diverse range of services include after-school programs, residential facilities, adoption and foster care programs, and much more. We are currently looking for motivated and dedicated candidates for open Program Supervisor positions.
You will manage the daily operations and staff of your assigned program (case management, residential facility, etc.) to ensure that all program goals and client needs are consistently met. This is a great way for you to build on your social work experience and transition to a supervisory/management career path. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, supervisory training/mentoring, and plenty of room for professional growth and advancement. If this sounds like the career move you’ve been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Program Supervisor, you will oversee the operational aspects of your assigned program, manage both direct service and support staff, and coordinate delivery of program services.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Supervising program staff (including regular individual and group staff meetings and case consultation) and ensuring proper client to staff ratio
- Approving admission of clients to your program, assigning cases to program staff, and overseeing service delivery
- Providing support with in-crisis or problem cases and providing ongoing assistance to program staff in coordinating client services
- Reviewing and monitoring case files for both internal and external quality assurance standards
- Ensuring that services provided comply with contractual requirements
- Serving as liaison to community agencies such as Dept. of Children and Families, Department of Juvenile Justice, etc.
- Ensuring that program staff completes all documentation and reports in a professional and timely manner
- Assisting in grant writing, contract negotiating, or re-accreditation preparation
- Conducting direct case work in the absence of program staff
- Providing BHOS services, including group counseling, individual counseling, social skills training, and documentation
- Ensuring that BHOS services are provided as part of the facility's daily programming
As a Program Supervisor, you should be hard working and motivated with a willingness to work long hours as needed and to take a hands-on role in your assigned program. You must also have strong basic leadership skills as well as the ability to take a balanced view of situations from the perspectives of employees, clients, funders, and the organization as a whole. It is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to connect with people from a wide range of backgrounds and personal circumstances.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a comparable human service field; Master’s degree, preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working with children and families, preferably in the type of program that you will be overseeing (minimum 5 years for Medicaid-related programs; 3 years w/ Master’s degree)
- Effective administration skills and management practices
- Strong prioritization and delegation abilities
- Current and valid Florida driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Availability to travel
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Effective assessment skills
- Basic computer proficiency
- Availability to work flexible hours as required
- Experience in a child welfare organization, preferred