Social welfare supervisors—if you are looking to take that next big career step into a more senior, director-level role, we have the perfect opportunity for you. Join our team at Children’s Home Society of Florida! Founded in 1902, we are Florida’s largest and oldest child welfare organization, with over 1,800 employees working at locations throughout the state. Our diverse range of services include after-school programs, residential facilities, adoption and foster care programs, and much more. We are currently looking for motivated and dedicated candidates for open Program Director positions.
In this role, you will oversee operations of a group of our direct-service programs, ensuring that all program goals and client needs are consistently met. This is an ideal position for you to build on your existing supervisory experience and assume a senior-level role with greater diversity of responsibility. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, supervisory training/mentoring, and plenty of room for continued professional growth. If this sounds like the career move you’ve been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Program Director, you will implement, coordinate, and supervise a group of our direct-service programs. This will include staff management as well as contractual and regulatory compliance. You will also serve as a liaison with various community agencies and resources.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Ensuring that the programs meet all CHS licensing, contractual, and quality assurance standards and requirements
- Directing the contract and grant renewal process for programs
- Establishing and maintaining positive collaborative relationships with relevant community agencies
- Developing and implementing new direct service programs and identifying grants and other funding sources as well as participating in fundraising and grant-writing activities as needed
- Developing and regularly monitoring annual program budget
- Providing clinical consultation to program staff; ensuring that program costs do not exceed budgetary constraints
- Ensuring that staff receives adequate orientation and professional training; providing performance evaluations
- Coordinating and participating in the quality improvement process
- Serving as member of the Division's Management Team
As a Program Director, you should be an innovative and adaptable leader who is able to take initiative in covering a wide range of high-level responsibilities—such as assisting with contract negotiations or fighting to keep a specific program—while consistently ensuring that your programs provide quality services. You must also have the ability to take a balanced view of situations from the perspectives of employees, clients, funders, and the organization as a whole. It is important that you display excellent verbal and written
communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively analyze and condense information.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Master's degree in Social Work, Human Services, or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in a social welfare or health care agency
- Minimum 1 year of program management experience
- Effective administration skills and management practices
- Strong prioritization and delegation abilities
- Current and valid Florida driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Availability to travel
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Effective crisis intervention skills
- Knowledge of community social services
- Basic computer proficiency
- Availability to work flexible hours as required
- Professional Florida license in Mental Health, Social Work, Marriage and Family therapy, or Psychology, preferred
- Experience working with children and families, preferred