jive empowers, motivates and inspires teens to develop leadership skills by providing opportunities to make positive changes in our community.
Don't just learn leadership skills - become a leader!
jive members also play instrumental roles in our thrift shop by:
- Assisting in running the store
- Developing media and marketing campaigns
- Creating retail plans
Teens: this is a unique opportunity to cultivate your leadership skills! “Member of Children’s Home Society of Florida’s Leadership Program for Teens” will be an impressive addition to your resumé and look great on college applications.
To be eligible for the jive program, you must:
- Be enrolled in high school in Alachua County
- Commit two years of service
- Attend one meeting per month
- Dedicate 10 hours of volunteer time at Children’s Home Society of Florida’s thrift shop each month
The deadline to submit an application for the 2012-2013 school year has passed, but may submit an application for a future year.
Children's Home Society of Florida
711 NW First Street
Gainesville, FL 32601
jive applicants must also attend an interview and a tour of the Family Treasures Thrift Shop.For more information, please email VolunteerMidFlorida@chsfl.org.