Daily, we serve thousands of children and families - and many other organizations do, too. Together, we help more children grow up safe, healthy and prepared for life.
We create forever families for kids through adoption.
We provide stability and protection for kids when it's not safe to live at home ... and we work with families to help them overcome challenges so they can come back together under one roof.
We provide guidance and support to teens preparing to leave foster care without families so they can live independently.
We counsel children and teens. We help parents struggling with their kids' behavior challenges.
We provide help and hope to families raising toddlers with developmental delays.
We help young moms and dads learn how to safely care for their babies so their children never suffer abuse or neglect.
And that's just the beginning ...
All these services - critical services in every community - require legislative funding so we (and other organizations) can help the children, teens and families who so desperately need us.
Children's Home Society of Florida supports retention of existing funding for services to children and families, such as:
- Maintaining the federal Maintenance of Effort (MOE) requirement for the Title IV-E Waiver.
- Fully funding the need in vital programs such as:
- Community Based Care Core Services
- Maintenance of Adoption Subsidies
- Independent Living
- Early Steps
- Child Protection Teams
- Healthy Start
- Healthy Families Florida
- Children in Need of Services/Families in Need of Services (CINS/FINS)
- Children's Advocacy Centers (CACs)