Since 1902, our mission at Children’s Home Society of Florida has been to change lives by protecting and healing children. When kids need a safe place to call "home," we find them loving families; when parents want to provide stable, nurturing homes for their babies, we help. We create brighter futures for kids, families, and communities.
With 100,000+ kids and their family members counting on us, we have more than 1,800 dedicated professionals serving every community in Florida. Our 15 primary locations and 90+ offices ensure we're reaching children in all 67 counties. We are currently seeking a Dependency Case Management Supervisor to join the leadership team of our Adoptions, Protective Services, and Full Service Case Management program.
As a Family Support Worker, you will aid in the prevention of child abuse and neglect in at-risk families by providing appropriate modeling techniques, education, and other supportive services. You will assist in developing and maintaining client records and program documentation such as initial assessments, goal planning, progress notes, and termination summaries.
Other responsibilities of the Social Services role include:
- Assisting Case Manager, Counselor, or Social Worker with:
- Family assessments
- Providing case management services like information, referral, and linkages
- Arranging and conducting transportation of clients to medical appointments, counseling, etc.
- Monitoring quality of care by contacting clients by phone, letter, and/or home visits
- Facilitating or co-facilitating educational classes such as:
- Parenting and independent living skills
- Household management
- Anger and Behavior management
- Pregnancy / Pre-natal care, etc.
- Co-leading parent/child play groups
- Supervising children in absence of parents
- Participating in weekly client staff meetings
- Providing on call support as required or scheduled
- Participating in the quality improvement process
As a Family Support Worker, you must be able to establish trusting relationships, handle stressful situations, and act decisively, when necessary, to protect your clients. You must be a great listener with excellent communication skills and an awareness of diverse sociocultural characteristics of the service population. You must be able to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients and handle emergencies and life threatening situations effectively. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about the families!
Other requirements of the Social Services role include:
- High school diploma or equivalent certification
- 2 years of experience working with children and/or families
- Previous experience in a social services organization, preferred
- Effective and natural nurturing and parenting skills
- Ability to observe and accurately report the functioning of individuals and families
- Must be able to work flexible hours and make home visits as required
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Must possess a Florida driver's license within 30 days from hire