Counselors, continue your vocation with Children’s Home Society of Florida! Currently, we are seeking a Clinical Counselor to join our award winning team. We’ve earned several significant accolades for our incredible work in protecting children, strengthening families and improving communities. Now you have the opportunity to join us as we work to create a brighter future for kids, families and communities! Recognized as one of the best places to work, we offer you the chance to pursue a challenging and fulfilling career while making a difference in the lives of children.
As a Clinical Counselor with Children’s Home Society of Florida you will provide in-depth clinical assessment and treatment of individuals and families. This involves helping to articulate goals providing needed information, service and treatment as well as individual, family and group therapy. A variety of full time salary, part-time fee-for-service, contract and bonus based positions are available depending on program.
• Providing in-depth clinical and supportive counseling services, assessments, diagnoses of conditions, treatment plans and intervention
• Delivering evidence-based treatment interventions (e.g. Trauma-Focused Care, Infant Mental Health, etc.)
• Overseeing the behavioral or treatment interventions associated with the client treatment plan
• Developing and maintaining clinical records and program documentation according to contract and CHS standards
• Generating and maintaining necessary reports and paperwork in a timely manner
• Participating in treatment and/or multidisciplinary teams
• Meeting established program productivity goals while upholding the CHS standard of care
• Facilitating psycho-educational classes/groups
• Providing case management services and/or crisis counseling services to families
• Making collateral contacts to assess client progress and functioning
• Coordinating and supervising therapeutic family visitation
• Providing on-call support as required or scheduled
• Reviewing and monitoring billing for clinical services
We are looking for a Clinical Counselor with excellent interpersonal skills who can effectively interact with children and families from diverse cultural backgrounds while maintaining appropriate limits/boundaries.
Clinical Counselor qualifications:
• Master's degree in social work or comparable human services field
• Licensed Clinical Counselor or within 6 months or less of becoming a Licensed Clinical Counselor (Required for the Mid-Florida/Marion County location).
• Professional Florida license in Mental Health, Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or Psychology
• 3+ years of post-bachelor’s degree experience working with at-risk children and families
• Experience providing therapy to at-risk children and families, preferred
• Comprehensive therapy skills with children and families, abuse, neglect and substance abuse, preferred.
• Knowledge of community resources
• Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
• Ability to apply for and maintain a Florida Medicaid Number through the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration
• Ability to travel.