Since 1902, our mission at Children’s Home Society of Florida has been to change lives by protecting and healing children. When kids need a safe place to call "home," we find them loving families; when parents want to provide stable, nurturing homes for their babies, we help. We create brighter futures for kids, families, and communities.
With 100,000+ kids and their family members counting on us, we have more than 1,800 dedicated professionals serving every community in Florida. Our 15 primary locations and 90+ offices ensure we're reaching children in all 67 counties. We are currently seeking a Dependency Case Management Supervisor to join the leadership team of our Adoptions, Protective Services, and Full Service Case Management program.
As a Case Manager, you will provide evaluations and needs assessments while assisting children and their families by helping to articulate important goals, by providing valuable information, and by coordinating access to services. You will also provide in-home supportive counseling services as required.
Your specific duties in this role will also include:
- Developing and maintaining clinical records and program documentation according to contract and CHS standards (assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, termination summaries, etc.)
- Facilitating psycho-educational groups and educational classes such as parenting skills, independent living skills, anger management, behavior management, etc.
- Coordinating services with other professionals and para-professionals
- Conducting community outreach as needed
- Coordinating and supervising family visitation as necessary
- Arranging for transportation of clients to appointments, community agencies, etc. as needed
- Conducting Behavioral Health Overlay Services (BHOS) interventions under the supervision of a licensed clinician
- Providing BHOS services to clients through group counseling
- Overseeing the behavioral program associated with the client treatment plan
- Developing the behavioral health aspects of children’s discharge plans under the supervision of a licensed clinician
- Training direct care staff regarding components of the individualized treatment plan in BHOS programs
As a Case Manager, you should be a self-starter with a strong connection to your community and its available resources for children and families. You must be willing to serve as an advocate for your clients and to fight for them to ensure that they get the services they need. At the same time, you must also be tenacious and motivated in working with families who may be unwilling participants in our programs. It is important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to connect with people from a wide range of backgrounds and personal circumstances.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or the human service field
- Two years of experience working with children and families
- Current and valid Florida driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Basic computer proficiency
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients and to maintain professional boundaries
- Availability to work flexible hours as required
- Effective assessment and intervention skills
- Previous experience working with at-risk children and families, preferred